Wait, immediately? Shit, dinner’s in like six minutes. Pick up the pace, everyone! We need answers, NOW!
1. Are Male feminists just trying to get laid? — Probably.
No! We are a complex and varied demographic with diverse motivations and goals! Shit, is that too long? Is a yes/no answer going to suffice for each of these, given the urgency and time constraints? There’s already an answer by the question, has someone else covered this one? Or should I just write mine in beneath it? Dammit, stop overthinking, we’re against the clock here.
2. Do male feminists actually read anything about #Feminism or do they just let themselves be whipped into submission? #WomenAgainstFeminism
I can’t speak for everyone but I read a few feminist blogs and also a lot of the speculative fiction I read is written from an implicitly feminist stance, also I’m not really into whipping or submission myself but I reject the dichotomy of the question, the kinky stuff is totally cool if that’s what you’re into, I don’t know if it’s more common in male feminists than anyone else though, oh god I’m rambling QUICKFIRE MOVING ON
3. “do male feminists want to be taken seriously by (…) other men as players of some intellectual game?” http://t.co/UnPWO2GJrx @ecumystic
probably some of them if they’re appearing on Only Connect or something, the rest of us are just trying not to be assholes and stuff
4. Male feminists. Why? Get a pair man.
okay look you said you needed answers IMMEDIATELY so I’m trying to be brief and hurry through this so when you throw out questions this broad and vague it really doesn’t help either of us
5. Dear male feminists, I have a legitimate question: Why do you support feminism? Further, why enable the feminists that proclaim to hate men?
so that’s two questions masquerading as one but I’m pretty sure I don’t do the second thing anyway so I guess that doesn’t count, also the answer to the first one is basically what most of the feminist literature ever written has been devoted to answering so I can’t help feeling that to demand an immediate answer from me in this context displays something of a lack of sincere intellectual curiosity on your part
6. While we’re at it, do male feminists get to pay half rent? (No mischief intended, I am just curious).
no that was never an option available to me in any of my lease agreements back when I was living in rented flats in London, they might do it differently elsewhere, I’ve heard of rent control but never really understood what it is so maybe it’s to do with that?
7. How much pussy do male feminists get (none)
well there’s quite a few of us so collectively it’s definitely more than you
8. Why do male feminists seem to have more privilege than female feminists? #DownTheRabbitHole
um because with all the obvious allowances and provisos regarding intersectionality and suchlike male is generally the privileged position, that’s kinda the whole point of all of this
9. Do feminists pay for their date’s meal? Do male feminists make the girl pay? #idontgetit #justwondering
it’s really more about deconstructing gender-based roles and expectations and encouraging compassionate human interaction based on individuality and personal respect rather than just reversing prejudice so that it’s equally shitty in the opposite direction
10. @PennyRed @sarahljaffe @thesamhita Do male feminists get free drinks too?
I don’t really go out to bars or nightclubs much so this may be a promotional thing that happens somewhere but I wouldn’t know, sorry, pretty sure it doesn’t work in supermarkets though
also wtf this tweet’s from 2012, this can’t possibly still need an immediate response right this minute like I was led to believe, it’s almost like someone decided one day on a theme around which to base a clickbait Buzzfeed article and just grabbed whatever near-matches a quick Google search turned up without caring much about context or relevance
11. Jesus Christ, why are male feminists so un-feminist?
you’re either contradicting your own question or equivocating on the word “feminist” so you might want to rephrase for clarity, especially if you want Jesus to answer you, that guy’s pretty busy and has no time for unnecessary ambiguity in conversation
12. What are the male versions of feminists called? I can see them roaming the TL
pretty sure we’re just feminists, you make us sound like we can only be spotted while out on safari or something which speaking personally makes me sound way cooler than I deserve
13. how can any of you sleep with the knowledge there are “male feminists” tho
um I just have a comfy bed and a fairly well regulated body clock so I manage to get to sleep pretty easily I guess, that feels like a non-sequitur, like how is it possible for you to eat a sandwich while Portuguese is the official language of Brazil, see, I’ve no idea why I picked that, it has no relation to anything, so yeah
Okay, emergency over. I think I’ve got you covered, frantic male-feminist-based-question-askers. I think we can all be slightly ashamed and embarrassed about what we’ve accomplished here today. And that’s the important thing.