Psychic Nikki has been “clairvoyant all her life”. She “has appeared on several top-rated international television shows”, and her famous clients include Rod Stewart, Matt Dillon, and Survivor Contestants (I love that guy!)
Nikki has also made some predictions about what’s going to happen in 2012. Why should we trust her, you ask? Well, just look at her track record:
Last year Nikki predicted the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, the Wall Street protests in New York City, the devastating tornadoes in the US mid-west including Joplin, Missouri. She also predicted the deaths of Elizabeth Taylor and Amy Winehouse, the royal weddings of Prince Albert of Monaco as well as the wedding for William and Kate of England, and the trouble in Syria.
Wow, that’s some impressive predictioning there. I mean, those things all did happen in 2011, and how could she have possibly known about them ahead of time unless she were magic?
And looking at that page, it’s clear that she’s expanding on her success this year, and has made even more predictions – one hundred and eighty-six for the year, in fact, not counting the scores of celebrities on a “Death and Health Watch” list. Thanks to Psychic Nikki’s wisdom, we now get advance knowledge of even more absolutely certain future events! Hurrah!
The problems appear when you start paying attention.
If you click the “view my past Predictions” link still proudly displayed on Nikki’s own site, you can see what she actually predicted last year. She makes no attempt to disguise the fact that, rather than limiting herself to the claimed successes mentioned above, she made two hundred and thirteen predictions for 2011.
Here are some things which Psychic Nikki genuinely predicted would happen in 2011, which I certainly don’t remember:
- The world’s first brain transplant.
- A Hollywood starlet will give birth to a dwarf.
- Paris Hilton kidnapped for ransom.
- A remake of the movie The Godfather.
- A plane will crash into the Hollywood sign in LA.
- The royal Crown Jewels will be stolen.
And here are some of her 2011 predictions which are so vague as to be completely useless:
- Danger around President Obama.
- More UFO sightings.
- A space tragedy.
- Snookie from Jersey Shore has to watch for injury.
- Parts of the polar ice cap will melt.
Hmm. Which are the ones she was claiming she got right, again?
– The “earthquake and tsunami in Japan”. It’s true that she did predict both of these things would happen in 2011. Other locations in which Psychic Nikki predicted earthquakes last year include: the Grand Canyon, Seattle, Oregon, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Lake Tahoe, Toronto, Quebec, New York, Alaska, Greece, British Columbia, China, Iran, Rome, Naples, Yosemite National Park, and Yellowstone National Park. But… she got the Japan one right, so that’s… something.
– “Wall Street protests in New York City”. There’s no mention of either Wall Street or protests in her extensive list of 2011 predictions. She did claim that New York would face terrorist attacks, a prison riot, an earthquake, and a subway collision. Maybe that was close enough for her purposes.
– “devastating tornadoes in the US mid-west including Joplin, Missouri”. None of her predictions for last year refer to Joplin or Missouri. She did predict tornadoes in California, Oklahoma, Indiana, Texas, Illinois, and Tennessee.
– “the deaths of Elizabeth Taylor and Amy Winehouse”. These two were, indeed, on Psychic Nikki’s “Death and Health Watch”. To give her full credit, so was “North Korean President”, presumably referring to the late supreme leader Kim Jong-Il, who died in December. However, given that there were more than a hundred names on this list, that puts her success rate at slightly below 3%. Also, there’s a disclaimer below the list clarifying that: “It does not mean the above mentioned will all pass but they might have to watch their health and danger in their life”. Which seems to render the whole thing rather pointless.
– “and the trouble in Syria”. The only prediction referring to Syria from last year was: “Syria at war with the United States”. I know the US is at war with so many places it can be hard to keep track, but I’m sure I haven’t heard about this one.
When you throw so many random guesses out there as Nikki’s tended to do over the years, you’re bound to stumble onto a few lucky hits now and then, but even considering the huge bulk of her output, the number of successful predictions Psychic Nikki can offer is extremely feeble.
I haven’t even have to do any research to find all this stuff. It’s right there on her own site, the list of current predictions and her many hundreds of misses from past years, all still on display.
But we live in hope. What does she say 2012 has in store for us?
- Giant prehistoric Sea Monsters under the sea.
- Upheaval in South America with governments.
- Somebody will fall off the CN Tower in Toronto, Canada.
- More worldwide protests.
- Earth will fall off its’ axis a little more.
- A hole in the earth’s core.
- Space tragedy.
- Ellen DeGeneres joining the army for one week.
- More makeup for men.
It’s an exciting time to be alive.