Remember that guy from a couple of days ago, who was disqualified from the Shorty Awards because of all those blatantly phony accounts that had “voted” for him?
He’s gone and had second and third helpings of a big ol’ bowl of crazy.
The very existence of people with a natural tendency to doubt unlikely claims has angered Mike Adams into such a lather that he’s posted another furious piece about those damnable “skeptics”. Specifically, he’s listed a selection of things they believe, and invited his audience to join in his ridicule.
Reading this list, it seems that Mike Adams is either clinically moronic, delusional to the point of borderline psychosis, a fictional character being played as some sort of really annoying performance art, or just a liar. For whatever reason, he’s talking utter bullshit.
His very first point:
Skeptics believe that ALL vaccines are safe and effective (even if they’ve never been tested),
Okay, let me stop you right there. I’ve been immersing myself in the skeptical community for several years now, and engaging actively in it for more than the two years I’ve kept this blog, and I have never heard this belief being expressed, by anyone. Even if there are some loons out there with this kind of bizarre fundamentalism toward vaccines, it is categorically not the standard skeptical view. It’s such a fringe idea, if it exists at all, that I’ve never heard of it.
I’m not going to quote any more of this crap. It never gets any smarter than that. He’s already been thoroughly and awesomely fisked by both Orac and Steve Novella, and the line-by-line dissection that I might have done if my day was about three hours longer has been adeptly handled by someone who I’m pretty sure is not Summer Glau, whatever they may say.
But because I’m feeling sarcastic, here’s some information you might be interested in. I “did a little research” myself, and I bring you a list which I promise will be just as informative and well-researched as Mike Adams’ own run-down, and which will cite just as many sources.
What “Mike Adams” really believes about vaccines, medicine, consciousness, and the universe
– Mike Adams believes that ALL skeptics eat babies. He knows the only reason they don’t blog about their Sunday dinners more often is because they’re hiding the truth and don’t want to scare any more delicious babies away.
– Mike Adams believes that ALL medicines approved or endorsed by anyone with an actual medical degree will interfere with the body’s natural ability to ride unicorns over rainbows.
– Mike Adams does not believe that the bodies of living organisms are composed of cells. He thinks that microscopes are orchestrating a conspiracy against him, and every biologist of the last 150 years is in on it with them.
– Mike Adams believes that ALL chemicals want to give his grandmother cat-AIDS. When he sees any potentially consumable object with a chemical composition based on ANY of the elements of the periodic table, he will destroy it by any means necessary. He is currently researching ways in which food may be sourced from entirely new forms of non-chemical matter.
– Mike Adams is so very hungry.